Sunday, February 3, 2013

Planting Onion Sets




I planted some yellow and purple bunching onion sets today. Havest is 60-80 days hence.

Besides each picture, I recorded where the onion sets were planted.

To the left, the sets are located in the SE corner of the mulch, the south center of the mulch, and all along the annual garden fence at the edge of the mulch.
 To the right, the onion sets were planted in the dug up area.  I estimate that the purple onions are about 90% of the total sets planted in this picture.
This garden is located by the driveway next to the house.  The sets are planted in the dugup area.  Katrina pointed out that we planted some daffodill bulbs also into this bed.  Not sure if we over planted.  However, I did not encounter any daff bulbs when I was digging in this area.

In most cases, I dug down about six inches into the mulch.  The mulch everywhere is decomposing well.  The mulch now resembles loamy material.

No comments:

Post a Comment